Image Map

Friday, October 7, 2011

SOC Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop


Helllo All and Welcome to the SOC Blog Hop for Breast Cancer.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! So in honor of this event--I, along with some talented crafters, have teamed up to honor and celebrate the men and women in our lives that inspire us with their strength in the battle against Breast Cancer.
If you are coming from RJ's blog than you are right on track. If you just dropped in today by happenstance why don't you join us by starting at the beginning w/ RJ you won't want to miss all the Awesome Inspiration and FUN throughout the hop and guess what, a little birdie told me that our hostess Cheryl was giving away some FANTASTIC Blog Candy to one lucky winner who will be randomly drawn. To be eligible for that prize, you must comment on all the blogs by Monday, Oct. 10 at 11:00pm EST and the winner will be posted on all the participating blogs on Friday, Oct 14. 


I to will be offering blog candy and I will tell you how to become eligible for that in a minute but first let's get to my project.  I decided to make a card for a lady at my husband's job who just became diagnosed w/ Breast Cancer. She is fighting the Good fight and doing it w/ smiles all the way, I wanted to let her know that the Slaughter Crew has her in our prayers and we have her back through this tough time in her life.


I love making the criss cross card, and I thought it would be a perfect card to make for a time like this. Because the way it criss crosses reminds me of how the pink ribbon that represents Breast Cancer Awareness criss crosses!
Closer View
Recipe:
Ribbon: Found @ Michael's  
Punch: Recollections
 Pink Ribbon Sticker : Also found @ Michael's
Paper Used: Black (American Crafts, Pink ( from my stash), Printed ( Making Memories, Slice), Cream Scalloped (Gartner Mix and Mingle: Oyster)

I hope you guys enjoyed this card! Now about that Blog Candy I was talking about:

To be eligible you must
1. Become a follower
2. Comment on this post letting me know that you became a follower
3. Make sure to leave a way for me to contact you.
That's It, EASY PEASY Right!!
You will have until Sunday Oct. 9th @ 11:59pm EST to qualify and I will allow Crew Member 1 to pick a winner! I will announce the winner on Monday October 10th!!

Now make you way over to Rochelle and enjoy the rest of the Hop! Just in case you get lost along the way here is the lineup:
Letillia <=== You are here
Rochelle <===Go Here Next

Have fun guys and Be Blessed!
I will be entering this card into a couple of challenges:

~ Keep GOD 1st in Everything!~ 





44 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is lovely!

Anonymous said...

You card is absolutely elegant and gorgeous!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Good job!

Dainty Diva said...

My message got posted on your front page. Congrats on your designer gig. I also love the thanksgivig card.

Nedine, Craft Lounge Creations said...

Love your criss cross card and getting to know a little more about you.

Your Thanksgiving card was very cute! Where do you find the time? :)

Jessica said...

So super cute and I love that you pose your projects with a special background. Awesome!!!

The Crafty Caryn said...

Found another crafter you definately can multi task! Love your creations! Look forward to seeing what you create next.

Sharon Sutton said...

Pretty cards!

Suzy-Q21 Crafter said...

Very pretty Cards!

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful card! I sure she will love it!

Classygirl said...

Super cute card!

NC Peach said...

Beautiful card and very nice presentation! I know the recipient will love it! Thanks for participating in the hop!

Laurie said...

This card is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm your newest follower!! :)
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Crafter Dude said...

Just Stopped by to show some love.. Good job..

Nitasha said...

Beautiful card!
And this is a little off topic, but I love your blog header too- gorgeous family! Happy to be a new follower of your blog!
elisaphotoscrap@gmail.com

Mz. Lela said...

Your husband's co-worker is Blessed that the Slaughter Crew has her back! She's truly going to love the beautiful criss/crosses representing Breast Cancer Awareness.

Unknown said...

Love the card. the Family picture is very nice touch.today I because one of your follower.
Duemeafavor@hotmail.com. Thanks

BABYBORICUA said...

your card is beautiful and i'm new follower because i'm like found another scrapbook crafter,greetings from Puerto Rico...
my blog is http://babynjondreams.blogspot.com/
my email is baby_pr00950@yahoo.com

Teen Queen said...

great photo of the family! Your card is lovely. I especially like the border.

An'Jenic G. said...

Love your card. I sure she will love it and be very thankful!

Prazdance said...

Beautiful Card AND family! We have so much in common-prior military here, God-fearing AND a Disney lover! Take care and blessings to you!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! Love it! :)

Mary Joyce said...

Love your crisscross card. I am gonna have to try this one day.

L Wryt said...

The card is so beautiful! Love the details - thanks for the inspiration!

kscraps2 said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower.

Renee Collier said...

I'm a follower. Love the crisscross card! The colors are gorgeous. Will have to Youtube this one and learn the technique. TFS! Domestikdiva1@hotmail.com

Adrian said...

Very pretty u did a super job!

girlia said...

Great job. Love the card and the props.

GiGi said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors and border punch! Thanks for playing at CTO!

Marlika said...

I really like the card design. Your blog is very nice.

Aissa's said...

Great card. Love your Blog.

Ms Qadirah said...

Love your blog, love your card! It's beautiful.

Kristin said...

I became a follower as a result of the blog hop through SOC.

I like the criss cross card and the different papers you used very cute!!

Kris
kbaten at gmail dot com

Kathleen Rensel, Scrapbook Addict said...

Hi there! Your work is beautiful! Love the birthday stuff and this criss cross card. I tried to follow, but it won't seem to let me. So, I will put your page in my favorites and come back again (hopefully it's just my computer.)

You can email me at scrapbookaddict@att.net

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love your fold with the punched lace, really pretty! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Esther said...

Your card is just lovely!!!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Treva said...

Nice card, tfs!

NaSonya said...

Nice Cards and Beatiful Family too!!

craftymonzon said...

Very nice cards!

WrinkleFreeDiva said...

Beautiful card...

Aim said...

Oh, Letillia, I love the idea of the criss-cross card for this -- It's a beautiful card, and your friend is blessed to have you on her side!! Sending up a prayer for your friend right now...

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!! A new challenge starts tomorrow -- Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Celebrate The Occasion DTM

Glenda said...

Very pretty card! I love the criss cross style too! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda

Marge said...

Beautiful card!
Welcome to the MSC DT too!!!