Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Swap Time!

Hey Diva's, Happy Wednesday to you all! I hope you all are having an Awesome week Thus Far I know I am!! I wanted to drop in to tell you all about one of the Exciting things I am participating in for the year of 2012. In October of this year I started Swapping in a Group called Scrappin Sista's Monthly Swaps, the group is spear headed by Christel of One Scrappin Sista. For those that aren't familiar with what Swapping is let me give you my version of it lol it's where a group of people sign-up for a particular swap for that months theme and we all create our version of the assignment. We then put them in the mail and send it to the Host she can swap them out. She then sends us back 1 of each persons swap (Ex. If there are 20 people in a group I would have to make 20 of the same item mail it off then in return I would get 1 swap from each participant plus my own so I would receive 20 swaps back) Does that make sense lol if not contact Christel and she can explain it better :)
I have been having soooo much fun w/ these Swaps, I have met new friends and I have thought outside the box with my crafting. In 2012 Christel has some swaps that are going to really push our creativity and I am so looking forward to it. I would love for you all to join us and if you are interested Please let me know! Posted below is all the information for this coming swap:

It’s swap time again. LET'S GET TO SWAPPING!!  Let me start by introducing myself…My name is Shalana Glass AKA the new Sign Up Director for Scrappin Sista Monthly Swaps. My role will be to coordinate all swap sign ups. Please read through all the details and if you are SERIOUSLY interested, please email me at nonchalan...taka@yahoo.com  to express your commitment to the Swap. The swap will be limited to the first 20 participants who sign up. If we have an overwhelming response to this swap we will look to form a second group.

For the month of January we are hosting an Altered Journal with a Stick Pin Swap. This will be a 1 to 1 Swap meaning you will be paired with a Swap partner creating one Altered Journal with a set of three Stick Pins. Something new we will be doing this year is incorporating the use of color palettes from  wwww.design-seeds.com. The color scheme we will be using for the January Swap is pictured below. 




WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
1. Send me an email confirming your commitment during the sign up period which begins  today and ends January 5th.
2. Wait for your confirmation email from me.
3. Review the January color palette.
4. Get your mental wheels turning and CREATE! Please make sure you put forth your best effort…quality, quality quality!

Further details will be mailed to you in a confirmation email so again, to sign-up, please send an email to nonchalantaka (at) yahoo (dot) com.  Remove the parenthesis and spaces.  Put "January Swap" in the subject line.

DEADLINE:
All Swap items will be due by the 28th of January so please have them postmarked by the 21st.   Please do not sign up if you CANNOT commit to being on time.

Scrapping Sista has a Facebook group dedicated to these swaps so information will be posted on her blog as well as in the group.  If you are not Scrappin' Sista's (Christel Young Bonner's) Facebook friend, please send a request (include a note about who you are) and you'll be added to the group for the month.

We at Scrappin' Sista Monthly Swaps look forward to a great month and making many new friends.  Have fun and let’s create.  Happy scrappin'!



I hope you all will come join us! I would love to see you there!

~ Keep GOD 1st in Everything!~

No comments: