Image Map

Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge- #92

Hello Diva's! I am back again after another Long Hiatus ( I know, I know) I told you guys that my Summer has been Jammed Pack and we are still not done. Today we are going to Water Country USA which is a Waterpark. But this will be Our Last Family Outing (besides School Shopping) before the kiddos head back to School.

I am Excited about Back to School, We have exactly 17 Days, 407 hours, 29mins and 37secs (but hey whose counting,lol)!! No but seriously with them being gone it will allow me and Crew Member 5 to get back on a Schedule and spend more time in my Craft Room!

This year the Crew Members are all (well almost all) headed into New Milestones, Crew Member 1 is headed to High School, I can't believe it :( where has the time gone?? Crew Member 2 is headed to Middle School ( she is totally dreading it but we have tried to encourage her and let her know it's not as bad as TV portrays it). Crew Member 3 is headed to 3rd Grade ( she had a Growth Spurt over the Summer so she needs All New Clothes and Shoes and if you think I'm a Diva you should see this one, lol) and Crew Member 4 is headed to Pre-K (totally sad about this I just was not prepared, I'm probably gonna cry more than she is lol). Crew Member 5 is still here with Mommy but I plan to keep her busy with Playgroups (for you all w/ little ones 5-below you should really think about finding a local Mop's Playgroup in your Area, we Love Ours and look forward to going back this year) and @ home learning w/ Mommy!

With all the School talk you all should have some clue of what this bi-weekly challenge over @ MySheriCrafts is all about, come on let's all say it together BACK TO SCHOOL, yayyyy (hahaha)!

Yep that's right We are Celebrating Back to School and we want YOU (sounds like an Uncle Sam Ad or Something huh) to Create a project related to a School Theme!

For my project I made an Altered Journal for Crew Member 4s' Teacher (tell me what you think):

Recipe:
Cuttlebug Folder: Spots and Dots
Nestabilities: Standard Circles
Sentiment: MCT( My Teacher Rocks)
Ink: Stampin Up (Red)
Paper: Bought it @ Joann's
Stickers: From My Stash
Buttons: From My Stash


 We don't know who her Teacher is yet so I wanted to keep it kinda Neutral just in case we get a Male. I really like it and I hope he/she does also!

Ok so now that you all have seen my project go over to MySheriCrafts and take a look @ the other DT projects (these ladies have come up with some really Creative things to get you Inspired)! Then get off to your Craft Room and Create your own Project and come join us.

Ok well I think I have talked and talked enough but before I go let me ask you a Question:
~ When/Has your Child(ren)/Grandchild(ren) go Back to School?~

Thanks Guys for sticking around and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Now I'm off to the WaterPark for lots of Fun!

Be Blessed Guys and Remember
~Keep GOD 1st in EVERYTHING!~








6 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cute cover! You should enter this into the challenge over at Simply Create Too's challenge also :)
www.simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com

Amanda
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Cute altered journal! Love the papers and colors! The teacher will appreciate the nice journal.
Two of my grandsons started school this past Wednesday and my granddaughter starts on Monday! Sure seems like a short summer!
Good luck to crew members on first day! I am sure each will have fun!
Glenda



Sandy Palmer said...

WONDERFUL altered Journal Letillia! My granddaughters are to young to start school yet, but next year, sniff, sniff one of them will be old enough to go to Kindergarten!

Marge said...

LOVE your altered journal and it's bright primary colors that will truly work for any teacher!!! Great idea!!! No one in school in my family at the moment, but I remember those busy schedules to keep up with!

Sarah said...

Super cute journal! I hope your kids all enjoy their new start this year. #2 will surely settle in quickly when she reunites with her friends! My granddaughters have been in school for 2 weeks now. 6th & 7th graders already!

Raquel said...

I love altering composition books to make journals... you did a wonderful job with this one! Love the colors and the embellishments you used